Children $2 under 16 years,
NTSA members $3.50
Family $12.00 2 Adults +children or 1 Adult + children $7
*Half price entry is available with the Burra Heritage Passport (purchased from the Burra & Goyder Visitor Information Centre)
10-1pm Mon to Fri.
11-2pm Sat to Sun.
(The Bon Accord Complex closes on days forecast above 38 degrees, or on days of severe fire danger)
The Bon Accord Mining Museum is located on the site of Bon Accord Mine, and incorporates the original mine office and workshop.
The Museum displays mining relics, ore samples, photographs and memorabilia of the Burra copper mining area, 1845-1877. One feature is a detailed miniature model display of Monster Mine with interactive lighting, as well as a model of the the horse whims used at the Mine as they existed in 1858.
The Blacksmith Shop is fully operational, with a forge of typical Cornish design and original elephant hide bellows. Occasionally local blacksmiths will fire up the forge and work on site for visitors to see it in action. Currently the blacksmith is expected on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
Outside you will find a horsewhim core, various mining equipment as well as three early fire engines and some horse drawn vehicles like the Eastern Mail Buggy.
In a newly established display, called the Ladies’ Room, there are 3 wedding dresses from the 1800s and a rare scrap quilt made in 1829 which is featured Jenny Manning’s book Australia’s Quilts.
For more information vist the National Trust Website